Skip to main content

21 Day Fix - Overview Week 2


Ok my confession first; I didn’t work out much last week…..three days. I let life give me excuses and I used ‘em. I am, however, still eating according to plan for the most part and still dropping pounds and inches. Although this is a 3-week program, I really don’t plan to stop…. since the goal is to adapt to the habits as my normal way of eating I will simply continue.

I still give kudos to the program because I was at a major plateau. Although this is simply a program of portion control and timely eating… it’s presented in a way that makes it understandable in a market that is just overwhelmed with "get-skinny-fast" schemes. Tools are provided that helps you to see visually the perfect balance of nutrients to fuel and nourish your body. And you can’t beat a 30 minute but still effective workout.
I’ve found that I can even “stray” and still see a drop on the scale. Friday night, I went out to eat my all-time favorite meal of Mexican fare. I almost always order a large plate of chicken, steak and shrimp served over a bed of rice and cheese… this time I ordered fajitas and was surprised that about mid-way thru the second one I was feeling full and had enough sense to stop eating and bag up the rest. I am still obsessed with jumping on the scale each morning but for once in a long time I am not seeing a steady rise.

To speak on the exercise portion, I really wish I could say I followed the schedule but I didn’t… I’ve tried the routines here and there along with classes at the local YMCA and a couple of weight days in the garage. For me this is normal….shame but true. I’ve never completely followed a workout program and I have plenty of them. I keep a copy of the weight lifting schedule from Natalie Jill Fitness (very similar to Body Beast by BeachBody) and I randomly do either Focus T25 or 21DF dvd that day if I don’t go to a group class. Just imagine the results I would get if I followed through. I aim to do just that for Round 2.


Regarding the food portion, the most important thing to remember is to prep and plan your meals. It makes for a smooth running week …I sit down usually midweek and think about the next week. When you spread it out, you have an easy way to make your grocery shopping list also. I’ve found that I actually save more money by only getting what I will need for that week. And posting the meals on the fridge or common area helps with packing for snacks and lunch for the next day. Really love that part.
So overall I am still pleased with what I’m learning. I don’t always break out the containers but mainly because I eat the same meals…. But if I eat something different I go by the guidelines and you can’t go wrong.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

As Clean As it Gets..... (for me anyway)

BANG!...And she's off ... I love Mondays because I'm always off to a good start. Started my day with a short 20 minute workout on elliptical/bike....made my first green smoothie with kale, banana, and green apple.Pretty good for my first. Still researching for tips and such. Energy level straight today so far. And plan to have a garden salad served with some turkey breast that i baked yesterday. Doing a 30 day challenge with my daughter to be consistent with cardio activity for 30 minutes per day average. We shall see... Sunshyne Out .

My curl exactly!!

Look at this.... I'm hold ing up a strand of my own hair and a strand of weave.... can't tell can you? Nope...this hair is an exact match of my natural hair... No one can ever tell unless I tell them..it's hilarious. I love it because my hair is very thick but not as full as I would like it to be so sometimes I add in a track or two to "help" me out. I've let alot of black grow in....ALOT... lol. And it's darker than the 1b/30 weave... it's been so long since I've seen my roots in their natural stage that I just didn't even realize my hair is really black...not off black... jet black.. I love it. Thought about dying the rest but kinda feeling this.

21 Day Fix Overview - Week 1

In my case, I am in the 1,200 to 1,499 calorie range! That allows me 3 green (veggies) 2 purple (fruits), 4 Red (protein) 2 Yellow (starchy carbs) 1 Blue (nuts, ect) 1 Orange (nuts and dressings) 2 spoons (nut butters, olive oil). You are provided with a list of foods that you can eat that corresponds with each container. I love it because I can easily pick from each list and create a meal plan for the week. I love that the foods are listed in order of importance. So the higher on the list the foods are the more nutritionally sound they are! Of course you should have a variety of foods from the lists to give you variety of nutrients for your body. I am a plan it out type of girl so this works wonderfully. I have not been eating out of the containers, but I measure and pour onto my plate. Now I’m kinda getting use to amounts so I know about 3 chicken strips equal a red container, that approximately 5-8 strawberries will fit into a purple container, etc. Surprisingly each time I